Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
A macrobiotic diet means followers try to keep food as natural as possible. Simple choices and simple ways of cooking. I tried this rice in Cranks restaurant and later got the recipe from one of their books. although simple it is very delicious and wholesome.
- 225 g long grain brown rice
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Cook the rice in boiling water until just tender.
- Gently fry the onions until transparent then stir through the parsley and cook for a further minute.
- Drain the rice and add to the onion mix. Stir in the soya and mix all the ingredients well.
- Can be served hot or cold.
Very good! I love how mild the flavor was--at first I expected the soy sauce to make the whole thing a bit salty, but it added just the right amount of flavoring. I used a little method to cook the rice that makes it less chewy, yet still retains the bite: boil rice for 30 minutes (lid off), only stirring once/drain rice and let sit for 10 seconds/send rice back to pot and cover for 10 minutes (with lid on)/uncover and fluff Thanks for posting--I'll be making this again!