Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
I heard from a friend of mine that she enjoyed making oatmeal with miso soup. Her story inspired me to come up with this West meets East recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats (I used quick-cooking steel cut oats.)
- 1 tablespoon miso (preferably organic)
- 2 tablespoons dried cutup wakame seaweed
- 1 umeboshi plum
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- nori, seaweed for topping thinly cut (optional)
- Bring 1 1/4 cups water to a boil.
- Dissolve 1 Tbsp of miso and add wakame seaweed and oatmeal.
- Cook according to the oatmeal package directions.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Place a umeboshi plum on top, and sprinkle green onion and nori slices.
- Infuse love and serve!