1/2 Photos of Maclaren's Imperial Cheese and Macaroni
Lori Mama's Note:
I purchased some Maclaren's Imperial Cheese at Costco, which was a super deal, not really knowing what to do with it. I searched the Kraft site for some recipes, but they didn't really have much I wanted to try that was for everyday use. I set out to try my hand at something myself and I hope you like it. My husband, who loves mac 'n cheese, really did.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked
- 6 slices lean bacon, sliced into small pieces
- 2 cups button mushrooms, quartered
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 (385 ml) can 2% evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon minced dried garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced dried onion
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 0.5 (250 g) container maclaren's cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray a 3 quart dutch oven, or equivalent with non stick spray and set aside.
- 3In a medium sized pot, over medium high heat,.
- 4fry bacon until just crisp.
- 5Drain on paper towel.
- 6Set aside.
- 7Saute the mushrooms in the remaining bacon drippings until tender.
- 8Remove and set aside.
- 9Add the butter to the pot and melt.
- 10Stir in the garlic and onion.
- 11Add the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- 12Do not brown.
- 13Heat the milk in the microwave on high until hot.
- 14approximately 3 minutes.
- 15Pour in the milk and whisk smooth.
- 16Cook until it starts to thicken.
- 17Add the cheese, mustard powder, salt & pepper to taste.
- 18Mix until melted.
- 19Combine the cooked macaroni, bacon, mushrooms and sauce.
- 20Pour into the prepared casserole dish.
- 21Toss together the butter and crumbs and sprinkle on top.
- 22Bake 30 minutes or until bubbling.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maclaren's Imperial Cheese and Macaroni
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 787.3
- Calories from Fat 393
- Total Fat 43.7 g
- Saturated Fat 21.9 g
- Cholesterol 93.4 mg
- Sodium 950.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 25.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
2% evaporated milk