Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
Found this on the Allrecipes website. I would recommend using a high quality teriyaki sauce, some can be way too salty. These are a great lower-fat alternative to the traditional beef burger.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in water, drained
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Combine the tuna, teriyaki sauce, bread crumbs, and egg whites in a bowl until well combined, and no large pieces of tuna remain.
- Season with black pepper, garlic, and hot sauce.
- Mix well, then form into two patties.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the patties until brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
Very nice low-fat :burger. I used Kikkoman sauce and still thought it was salty. I would probably half the teryaiki sauce next time. Also, add some sugar and sliced scallions. This made 2 nice, thick patties. You could probably make 3 thinner ones, too. These are really easy to make for a quick meal. Thanx for posting.