Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
The Grand Hotel on Mackinaw Island use to be known for their Banana Bread. This is my version of the bread.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream sugar and shortening.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- In separate bowl mix milk with bananas and set aside.
- Mix together flour, salt and soda -- add alternately with banana mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and nuts.
- Pour into greased loaf pans (Usually enough for one large and one mini-loaf pan.)
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.