Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
The Grand Hotel on Mackinaw Island use to be known for their Banana Bread. This is my version of the bread.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream sugar and shortening.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- In separate bowl mix milk with bananas and set aside.
- Mix together flour, salt and soda -- add alternately with banana mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and nuts.
- Pour into greased loaf pans (Usually enough for one large and one mini-loaf pan.)
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.