Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
One of my favorite places to visit every summer is Mackinac Island. Two of my favorite things to do while on the island is ride my bike around the perimeter of the island and then walk through town going in and out of all of the fudge shops looking for free samples. I'm so happy I found this recipe so I can make my own fudge between visits up north. I bought this recipe booklet called Mackinac Fudge Recipes for my cookbook swap partner. I hope she doesn't mind me posting a few of the recipes here on Zaar.
- Mix flour and sugar in a saucepan.
- Add maple syrup, corn syrup and milk.
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally to soft ball stage (232-236 degrees).
- Remove from heat and drop butter on top.
- Cool to lukewarm;.
- beat until glossy look begins to leave.
- Pour quickly into butter pan.