Recipe by Judy81350
This is the authentic recipe. I've had this for years. My grandkids love it. Its very easy to make.
Top Review by rjrobinson
I made this recipe last night, but added 1/2 of premium cocoa at the end with the icing sugar. This is by far the best and easiest fudge I've made yet! I will definitely use this recipe again.
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, not margarine
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix milk, butter, sugars and salt in a heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring, constantly. Boil 6 mins., stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; add vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Beat with mixer until smooth and thick; add nuts.
- Pour into buttered pan and freeze for 20 minutes Cut into pieces once set. Makes 1 pound.
- To make peanut butter fudge: Follow vanilla nut fudge recipe but cut butter to 1/4 cup and add 1/2 cup peanut butter.