Recipe by MacChef
I got this from a friend that was on Atkins. I have diabetic family members and decided to take it to a family dinner! Wow, those that weren't diabetic couldn't tell.
Top Review by Vinca
Great cheesecake! I added a bottom crust of ground up walnuts, unsweetened coconut, Splenda and butter and added some cinnamon and nutmeg to the batter. Then I made a topping (to put on the cooked cheesecake) of chopped apples, cooked until just soft with a sauce using water, cornstarch, a little Splenda, cinnamon, nutmeg and a pinch of ginger. I already had it in a springform pan before I read the part about cooking it in a pan of water, so I omitted that and just baked it. It came out perfectly! A great diabetic dessert.
- 3 (8 ounce) boxes cream cheese, room temp
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 20 (1 g) packets Splenda sugar substitute or 1 1⁄4 cups Splenda granular
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cream cheese in mixer until smooth.
- Add sour cream.
- Add 1 egg at a time.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Spray a pie pan with PAM and pour in cheesecake mixture. Place cheesecake in a larger pan with enough water so that the water goes up 1/3 to 1/2 up the side of your cheesecake.
- Bake 38-45 minutes at 375 degrees.
- If you are concerned about fat and calories you may use lite cream cheese or a combination of regular and lite.
- Note though that doing so will add carbs to the recipe and it may effect the texture.