Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My ML gave me this recipe years ago and is a family favorite. I have yet to meet anyone who didn't love it! It is great for picnics...no mayo!
- 1 package Coleslaw
- 1 package ramen noodles (chicken or creamy chicken, reserve flavor packet for dressing)
- 1⁄2 cup almonds
- 3 -4 sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Mix dressing ingredients together.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Put cole slaw, onions, almonds and crushed Ramen noodles in large bowl.
- Pour dressing over and serve.
This was a good version of the type my aunt makes and I lost the recipe to. I think there wasn't enough sauce.
I have a similar recipe that was given to me by a friend... whenever she made this salad for a get together it went really fast! Her recipe is a little different - oriental flavor ramen soup, saute the almonds and sesame seeds, 1/2 cup of canola oil in place of the vegetable oil, apple cider vinegar in plac of the rice vinegar, and 4 TBSP of sugar (I know it sounds like a lot but it was so yummy and didn't taste too sweet to anyone). This is a wonderful recipe... I highly recommend it! :^)
Great flavor!! I will cut down on the rice vinegar next time. I also toasted both the almonds and sesame seeds.