Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A delicious, easy way to prepare a brunch style apple dumpling that everyone will love!
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls, reduced fat ok
- 2 apples, peeled and cut into 8 sections each
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter, i use a little less
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar (Splenda works great)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup diet Sprite or 1 cup diet Mountain Dew soda
- Split crescent rolls into their triangles and wrap one piece of apple into each one.
- Melt butter, sugar and cinnamon and pour over the apple dumplings that were placed in a large pie pan or small casserole dish.
- Pour soft drink over the top of that and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes, basting the top of the roll as you go.