Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious lightly seasoned stew. Gently simmering chunks of fish, just to cook thouroughly. Deliciossso!!!
- 4 large mackerel fish, cut into 2-inch slices
- 1 leek, sliced
- 4 carrots, peeled and quartered
- 1⁄2 celery root, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly gournd black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Rinse and clean the mackerel. Pat dry. Set aside.
- Saute the leeks or onions, carrots an celery root in butter until tender-crip.
- Add the fish and broth. Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer slowly until fish is tender, about 6-8 minute.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.
- Serve with hot crusty garlic bread and a chilled Chablis.