Prep 3 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a typical Jamaican dish enjoyed all year round. You will enjoy it!! A part of the the recipe is written in patois.
- 1 teaspoon soft margarine
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1 can mackerel in tomato sauce
- 1 stalk scallion
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper
- Melt soft margarine and saute onion, garlic and scotch bonnet pepper.
- Add coconut cream and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add mackerel in tomato sauce and cook for 3 minutes.
- Serve hot with boiled dumpling and boiled green bananas.
cracking! cheap easy! healthy?possible to use low fat coconut milk(8.6%fat here in london)?and spicy!! love it more jamaican recipes please