Recipe by Tulip-Fairy
Fantastic stew with a spanish theme! orignial recipe came from a fresh magazine. It has great colours and even better taste, I have substituted mackerel for tuna or even Chorizo, all was good.
Top Review by Moor Driver
What a delicious and healthy meal! I used jarred roasted red peppers and smoked paprika and left out the chorizo and it was amazing. I used albacore and can't wait to try it with Mackerel. Thank you!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon dried chili
- 1⁄4 pint white wine
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 1 lb potato, cubed (I leave the skin on but original recipe said to peel them)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 juicy red pepper
- 2 mackerel fillets, cut into chunks or 2 tuna fillets, flaked or 2 pieces chunks chorizo sausage
- chopped fresh coriander
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil, fry onions for 3-4 minutes till soft.
- Add garlic and chilli, stir for 1 minute ,pour in the wine, tomatoes, potatoes then sprinkle over the paprika. Stir well.
- Add 1/2 a tomato tin of water,cover and simmer for 25 minutes unti potatoes ae cooked.
- Grill peppers, blister skin, then place into a plastic back, until the skin is easy to remove. Once removed slice then add to the pan with the fish / chorizo.
- Simmer until cooked through. This will take longer for the chorizo than the fish.
- Sprinkle with coriander and paprika before serving.