Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Fantastic stew with a spanish theme! orignial recipe came from a fresh magazine. It has great colours and even better taste, I have substituted mackerel for tuna or even Chorizo, all was good.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon dried chili
- 1⁄4 pint white wine
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 1 lb potato, cubed (I leave the skin on but original recipe said to peel them)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 juicy red pepper
- 2 mackerel fillets, cut into chunks or 2 tuna fillets, flaked or 2 pieces chunks chorizo sausage
- chopped fresh coriander
- Heat oil, fry onions for 3-4 minutes till soft.
- Add garlic and chilli, stir for 1 minute ,pour in the wine, tomatoes, potatoes then sprinkle over the paprika. Stir well.
- Add 1/2 a tomato tin of water,cover and simmer for 25 minutes unti potatoes ae cooked.
- Grill peppers, blister skin, then place into a plastic back, until the skin is easy to remove. Once removed slice then add to the pan with the fish / chorizo.
- Simmer until cooked through. This will take longer for the chorizo than the fish.
- Sprinkle with coriander and paprika before serving.
What a delicious and healthy meal! I used jarred roasted red peppers and smoked paprika and left out the chorizo and it was amazing. I used albacore and can't wait to try it with Mackerel. Thank you!
The stew with white wine was delicious! Im going to try substituting red for white and see how the brings out the favors of evrything else, will return with a rating and review!