Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the City Times!
Make and share this Mackerel Fish Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 kg mackerel
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 inch of black tamarind pulp, crushed
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 5 -6 fresh curry leaves, washed
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Clean the fish well and wash in plenty of water.
- Cut the fish in approximately 1 1/2 inch sized pieces.
- Wash well with salt water and turmeric powder.
- Marinate it with turmeric powder and lemon juice for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add all the ingredients except the fish.
- Add 1/2 cup of water.
- Allow to come to a boil.
- Lower flame and add the fish pieces.
- Cover and cook till the fish is tender and ready to serve.
- Serve hot with hot steamed white rice.