Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
I found this recipe on cooksrecipes.com It makes a very tasty little treat. Canned mackerel can be salty.
Top Review by Lynne the Pirate Queen
My cat loved these, in spite of the fact that I apparently goofed up somewhat. I couldn't find canned mackerel *anywhere*, so I ended up having to use canned trout. The mixture ended up being *very* dry and crumbly, to the point that I had to mush it together into balls just to get it to stick together. I assume that the problem is a result of the difference in the fish. If I can find mackerel, I'd like to try this again and see how/if the texture improves. Either way, I will make this again. :)
- 118.29 ml canned mackerel, drained
- 236.59 ml dry whole grain breadcrumbs
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2.46 ml brewer's yeast (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl, mash the mackerel into very small pieces.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Drop by 1/4 teaspoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 f for 8 minutes.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator or freezer.