- 426 g mackerel in brine, drained (15 oz)
- 25 g butter, softened (1 oz)
- 4 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 150 g sliced mushrooms, drained (6 oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the skin and bones from the mackerel.
- Place the mackerel, butter and creme fraiche into a food processor, process until smooth.
- Add the lemon zest and juice, parsley, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well. Stir in the mushrooms and place mixture into a serving dish. Chill well.
- Alternatively serve in ramekins and top with melted butter. Garnish with lemon and parsley.