Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from Asda magazine June 2010, free on slimming world, bread as part of healthy extra
Make and share this Mackerel and Bean Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 400 g red kidney beans (canned, drained and rinsed)
- 2 (300 g) cannellini beans (canned, drained and rinsed)
- 326 g sweet corn (canned, drained and rinsed)
- 200 g green beans (canned, drained and rinsed or frozen and cooked)
- 1 red onion (small finely sliced)
- 2 (125 g) mackerel (in brine canned and drained)
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes (from jar, drained and chopped)
- 1⁄2 lime (juiced)
- 10 g fresh coriander (chopped or parsley)
- good quality wholemeal bread
- Put the kidney, cannellini, in a colander and rinse under cold tap, place in serving bowl with sweetcorn and green beans, add the onion add the lime juice and coriander and mix together.
- Break mackerel into large flakes using a fork and stir gently into the bean salad with sundried tomatoes.
- Serve with the bread preferably warmed.