Prep 4 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Adapted from the book "Cat Nips!" by Rick and Martha Reynolds. Brewer'syeast is available at health food stores and is a natural flea repellant which also helps improve the quality of your cat's coat and skin.
- 1⁄2 cup canned mackerel, drained
- 1 cup whole grain breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon yeast, brewers
- 1. Canned tuna or salmon may be substituted, or any combination of canned fish.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3. In a medium bowl, mash the fish with a fork into tiny pieces. Combine it with the remaining ingredients and mix well. Drop mixture by 1/4 teaspoonsful onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool to room temperature and store in an airtight container in the fridge.