Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I'm on a Jetblue flight and watching the Food Network channel and on comes Paula Deen (I've never seen one of her shows) doing a ball game episode. This recipe made me crave Mexican food so we went out for Mexican that night! Have not tried this recipe yet but wanted to post since I was able to find it on foodnetwork.com. Cooking and prep times are estimated.
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) bag white corn tortilla chips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1 jalapeno, sliced crosswise, plus extra for garnish
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili (or your favorite chili recipe)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- Have all the prepped ingredients easily accessible to assemble nachos.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, cook refried beans until they are loose enough to spoon onto nachos.
- On a large ovenproof platter, spread out a layer of tortilla chips and quickly put a teaspoon of hot refried beans on each chip.
- Working quickly, sprinkle with some onions, jack cheese, and jalapeño slices.
- Spoon on chili and top that with Cheddar.
- Repeat this layering process until ingredients are used up.
- Save some of the jalapeño slices for garnish.
- Place platter in the oven and bake until cheese has melted, about 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and place on a trivet or heatproof surface.
- Top nachos with sour cream, green onions, diced tomato and jalapeño slices and serve hot.
I made all-meat chili to use with these. They are amazingly filling and delicious! Super good snack food. Thanks for sharing! Made for Best of 2013 tag game.
Yummy nachos. We mixed the chili and refried beans together, and that worked really well for topping (thick + thin = perfect). We also added guacamole to these, which was very good with them.
These were really good and I really enjoyed them. Can't wait to make them again for company. Thanks for sharing. Made for Name That Ingredient Tag.