Recipe by VER(Sachi)
This recipe is perfect if you need to feed a group, or can be saved as leftovers and used for sandwiches!
Top Review by Darkhunter
Mmmmmmmmmmm, my kind of meatloaf. Makes one great sandwich, and I do love my sandwiches! Not too sweet on the topping. Will probably fix this again. Thnx for posting, VER(Sachi). Made for Spring 2009 PAC
For the Loaf
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 eggs
- 10 saltine crackers (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
For the Top Spread
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl use your hands to mix together the meat, eggs, onion, saltines, and worcestershire.
- Note Don't over work the meat becuase it will toughen.
- Mold the mixture into a loaf and place in a pan or on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Mix together the spread in a bowl and smear onto the top of the loaf.
- Place your loaf in the oven and bake for 45minutes to 1 hour or until the top becomes a burgundy color and fat has gathered on the bottom of the pan.
- Serve with mashed potates and veggies for a yummy winter meal.
- Bon Apetite.