Recipe by Camin
My kids and I got into a fight over the "same old mac and cheese casserole" So I went into the kitchen and faked my way through this. They liked it. I wrote it up and here it is.
Top Review by mooch95
This is a great dish! I made it for my kids and my husband. Everyone absolutely loved it. We used regular chips and added limon juice instead of the limon chips. It turned out great though!
- 6 -8 cups wide egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 lbs good 95% lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup mccormick's brown gravy mix
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded four-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 3 tablespoons mccormick's italian seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons mccormick's california blend onion powder
- 1 tablespoon mccormick's garlic powder
- 1 cup lays limon potato chips, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Fill a 10 (+) quart pan with water, heat to a boil, and place egg noodles in the pan to cook.
- Noodles should boil for no longer then 7 minutes.
- Break up and thoroughly brown the ground beef in a frying pan, remove the fat, and put the meat aside for the moment.
- In a medium sized saucepan, mix the Brown Gravy Mix with just enough water to form a paste.
- Gradually add the rest of the water to avoid clumping or lumps.
- Stir in Italian Seasoning Mix, Onion Powder and Garlic Powder.
- Place saucepan over a medium heat, stirring until the color and consistency of the contents change to a lovely rich brown color.
- Add the Meat and the Cheddar/ Monterey Jack Cheese into the Gravy.
- Drain the noodles, rinsing them in cool water.
- Shake off the excess water and place the noodles back into the large pan.
- Toss the noodles with the gravy, cheese, and meat mixture.
- Spray a 9” x 13” glass cake pan with Pam, or lightly grease the pan with margarine.
- Press down half of the noodles mixture into the cake pan and add a thin coating of Mexican cheese.
- Place down the other half of the noodles mixture, smoothing down the top with the other half of the Mexican cheese.
- Place the Limon Potato Chips between waxed paper and roll into crumbs.
- Sprinkle crumbs over top of casserole.
- Put Casserole into 375 degree oven for 35 minutes.