- 1⁄2 English seedless cucumber
- 2 vine-ripe tomatoes, seeded
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded
- 1⁄2 red onion, peeled
- 4 celery ribs, from the heart including leafy tops
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves or 3 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 -2 teaspoon hot sauce, for mild to medium-hot heat level, such as Tabasco brand
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut cucumber, tomatoes, pepper, onion and celery into bite-size chunks and combine vegetables in a bowl. Sprinkle cilantro or parsley over the vegetables.
- Combine vinegar, lime or lemon juice and hot sauce in a small bowl. Whisk in EVOO in a slow stream. Pour dressing down over the salad and toss. Season salad with salt and pepper and serve.