Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A recipe from Racheal Ray, very good simple summer salad
- 1⁄2 English seedless cucumber
- 2 vine-ripe tomatoes, seeded
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded
- 1⁄2 red onion, peeled
- 4 celery ribs, from the heart including leafy tops
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves or 3 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 -2 teaspoon hot sauce, for mild to medium-hot heat level, such as Tabasco brand
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cut cucumber, tomatoes, pepper, onion and celery into bite-size chunks and combine vegetables in a bowl. Sprinkle cilantro or parsley over the vegetables.
- Combine vinegar, lime or lemon juice and hot sauce in a small bowl. Whisk in EVOO in a slow stream. Pour dressing down over the salad and toss. Season salad with salt and pepper and serve.
Refreshing, basic side salad to just about any summer meal. How about some garlic added and croutons on top, just like on gazpacho?