Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
The Machine Shed is a comfort food restaurant with huge servings. Whenever we visit Des Moines, IA we always stop! This coleslaw came out of their cookbook and it is every bit as good as what is served in their restaurant. Very sweet and creamy! Cooking time is chill time of 4 hours.
- Place cabbage in a very large bowl and set aside.
- In medium bowl, stir together mayo, sugar and celery seeds.
- Add to cabbage mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
- Tip: I use both bags of coleslaw, total 32oz. I just add a little more mayo, sugar and seeds. I also make mine the night before, and mix it every so often to blend.