4 hrs 10 mins
The Machine Shed is a comfort food restaurant with huge servings. Whenever we visit Des Moines, IA we always stop! This coleslaw came out of their cookbook and it is every bit as good as what is served in their restaurant. Very sweet and creamy! Cooking time is chill time of 4 hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place cabbage in a very large bowl and set aside.
- 2In medium bowl, stir together mayo, sugar and celery seeds.
- 3Add to cabbage mixture and toss to coat.
- 4Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
- 5Tip: I use both bags of coleslaw, total 32oz. I just add a little more mayo, sugar and seeds. I also make mine the night before, and mix it every so often to blend.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Machine Shed Creamy Coleslaw
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.6
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 228.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 17.7 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: