Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from Clothes Make the Girl blog.
Make and share this Machacado Con Huevos recipe from Food.com.
- 6 eggs
- 2 ounces carne seca
- 1⁄4 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1⁄2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Scramble eggs in a bowl with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1/2 Tbl coconut oil over medium high heat. Add onions and jalepeno and cook until starting to brown, 7-10 minutes. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add carne seca and chili powder. Stir fry until beef is coated.
- Add tomatoes and cook until softened, 2-3 minutes.
- Push the meat mixture to the side and heat the other 1/2 Tbl coconut oil in the empty half of the pan.
- Add eggs to hot oil and push meat mixture into eggs. Stir around and cook until eggs are done.
- Serve with salsa or guacamole on the side.