Recipe by gracefire
This is as close to authentic as I could get with the ingredients I had on hand. Measurements are approximate, add more or less according to your taste. I'm eating this now, and it's SOOOO good, I just had to share it.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced, from jar*
- 1⁄2 cup pork brisket, cooked
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 3 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- In small nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add bell peppers and onions; saute until almost soft.
- Add minced garlic (*use less if fresh) and stir, cooking another minute.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop pulled pork (pork brisket, or machaca) and add in, stirring with onion mix.
- Let ingredients sit a bit to "crisp," although they won't get precisely crisp, it's more cooking some of the moisture out.
- Add in salsa and stir, again allowing to sit a bit before stirring again.
- In small bowl, stir together 3 eggs, salt & pepper.
- When the machaca mix is no longer wet, pour the eggs over all, and let sit a bit to become solid.
- When the eggs start becoming solid, scrape cooking spoon on bottom to create "tunnels" for the liquid to settle in; do this several times.
- When only the top is still looking moist, flip over to cook through.
- Note: I eat this as is, and it's a perfect portion for my hearty appetite! However, you are welcome to add other condiments to your liking, such as chopped jalapenos, more salsa, cilantro, cheese, sour cream, or have warmed tortillas to make tacos or burritos with.