Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one I made up on a night when I wanted something a little different and cleaned out the fridge instead of running to the store. You can adjust the tomatoes and onions to suit your taste; it's also good with a clove of crushed garlic. You can use a prepared crust or make your own.
- 1 prepared pizza crust
- 1 (8 ounce) container hummus (flavor of your choice)
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- all purpose Greek seasoning
- diced tomato (as desired)
- diced onion (as desired)
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese (approximate) or 1⁄2 cup grated feta cheese (approximate)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- olive oil
- Dice and cook chicken breast in a little olive oil; season with Greek seasoning. Set aside when cooked through.
- Brush pizza crust lightly with olive oil. Spread hummus in a circle on crust (like it's pizza sauce) with the back of a large spoon.
- Top with diced tomatoes and onions and spread diced chicken evenly over top.
- Top all this with mozzarella cheese, then feta.
- Bake until cheese is bubbly and pizza is heated through. (For temperature I usually refer to the recommended instructions of whatever type of pizza crust I'm using).
Outstanding invention! The pizza takes on the flavor of the hummus so the quality of your hummus will make a big difference! I only needed 1/2 pound chicken (about 1/2 breast) and one cup mozzarella. This is quite filling but still serves more like 3 people...maybe four with a side salad. Next time I'm going to try adding some artichoke hearts. Thanks for a tasty recipe!