Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These were a HUGE hit.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint strawberry, hulled and sliced
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 cups baking mix (Bisquick)
- 2 bananas
- vegetable oil, for fying
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon caramel extract
- 1. In a bowl with a lid, add hulled and sliced strawberries, 1 cup of sugar, juice of 1 lemon and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour to overnight.
- 2. In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs, 3/4 cup of milk, 1/4 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- 3. Add baking mix and mix well to incorporate.
- 4. Dice macerated strawberries and bananas. Mix well into batter.
- 5. In a small bowl, mix together 2 cups confectioners sugar, 3 tablespoons half and half and 1 teaspoon caramel extract. You may adjust the amount of half and half to achieve desired consistency of glaze.
- 6. Heat oil over medium heat in a large, heavy bottomed skillet.
- 7. Working in batches, spoon batter mixture into hot oil, making sure not to crowd the pan.
- 8. Fry 2-3 minutes per side and remove from oil. Drain on a cooling rack or paper towel lined plate.
- 9. While the fritters are still warm, drizzle the glaze over top.