1/2 Photos of Macerated Strawberries
2 hrs 20 mins
I found this yesterday at about.com, and am very surprised there's nothing like it on Recipezaar (at least, I can't find it). We served this over nonfat yogurt cheese, but it would be equally delicious over just about anything. Cooking time is refrigeration time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash, then hull strawberries. Don't use strawberries that are "bad" -- overripe, underripe, moldy, squashed, resemble Richard Nixon -- if there's a white crown on a strawberry, don't use it.
- 2Set aside 6-8 strawberries, and roughly chop the rest of them. Irregular shapes are good.
- 3Take the 6-8 strawberries that were set aside, chop 'em too, then mash them with a fork so you've got a rough strawberry puree.
- 4Mix the chopped strawberries and the mashed strawberries in a bowl, trying to coat the whole pieces as much as possible.
- 5Add the honey, then the Grand Marnier, to the bowl. Stir gently until it's all coated.
- 6Refrigerate at least two hours, then serve over whatever pleases you.
- 7Note: If you don't want to use liqueur, you can substitute lemon juice and a teaspoon or two of lemon zest.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macerated Strawberries
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 60.7
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: