Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Different and very good, made with dry cream of wheat. Not sweet. I can't seem to stop eating this cake.
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sweet butter, melted and cooled
- 2 cups cream of wheat (not cooked)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 orange, juice of
- 3 cups water
- 3 drops lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F Have all ingredients at room temperature. Beat eggs and sugar at high speed until foamy. Add butter and beat for a few minutes. Blend dry ingredients and add to egg mixture; add walnuts, stir well. Bake in a 9 inch by 13 inch greased pan for about 30 minutes or until done.
- FOR SYRUP: Boil all ingredients together for 20 minutes. Cool. While cake is still warm, cut in diamond shape pieces; cool and pour cooled syrup over cake.
- Traditional Macedonian Recipes Ladies' Auxiliary 'Mara Buneva' Toronto, Canada.