Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dessert dish comes from El Salvador.
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 1⁄4 cup Cointreau liqueur or 1⁄4 cup Curacao
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds (toasted gives more flavor)
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, diced
- 1 apple, diced (use a sweet variety)
- 1 1⁄4 cups bananas, sliced (use firm bananas)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries (halved or quartered)
- 1⁄2 cup sweet cherries, pitted
- 1 small orange, peeled and sliced
- sugar, to taste
- In a bowl combine brandy and liqueur; add fruit and nuts then mix lightly.
- Add sugar to taste, chill until serving.