Recipe by English_Rose
Spanish style pasta.
Top Review by Peggy loves Dessert
This was good. I used a can of tomatoes instead of fresh tomatoes and regular ham since I have no idea what Serrano is. Hubby said he couldn't taste the chorizo. maybe I didn't use enough. He said I should have added enchilada sauce, so I did the next time and it was still good. this is a keeper for family meals, but probably not for serving to guests.
- 9 ounces penne pasta
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 large tomatoes, skinned de-seeded and chopped
- 3 1⁄2 ounces serrano ham, diced
- 6 ounces chorizo sausage, sliced
- 3 ounces grated cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pan heat some oil and fry the garlic, onion and pepper until tender.
- Add the tomatoes, ham and chorizo and leave to cook for 10 minutes until reduced. Meanwhile cook the pasta according to the pack instructions and drain well.
- Mix the sauce with the pasta and put into an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with the grated cheese and put into a medium oven for 15 - 20 minutes until the cheese is golden and bubbling. Serve immediately.