Recipe by Ancel
This simple recipe makes soft, not too sweet, delicious macaroons that are very easy to eat. The ingredients are all extra healthy too, incredible!
- 1 1⁄2 cups freshly grated coconut, from the shell
- 1⁄3 cup soft brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons wholewheat flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the freshly grated coconut, sugar, flour and salt together.
- Mix egg whites with vanilla - no need to beat, and add.
- Drop heaped teaspoons of mix onto non stick pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 22 - 24 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Makes 9 - 12 macaroons.