Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A nice treat for Passover.
- 1 cup hazelnuts, toasted (filberts)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line large cookie sheet with kitchen parchment or foil.
- In food processor with knife blade attached, blend toasted hazelnuts with sugar, cocoa, chocolate, and salt until finely ground.
- Add egg whites and vanilla, and process until blended.
- Remove blade from processor.
- Drop batter by rounded teaspoons, 2 inches apart, on cookie sheet.
- If necessary, with moistened fingertip, push batter from teaspoon.
- Bake cookies 10 minutes or until tops feel firm when lightly pressed.
- Cool cookies completely on cookie sheet on wire rack.
- If you want to reuse cookie sheet right away, let cookies cool slightly, about 5 minutes, then slide parchment or foil, with cookies attached, onto wire rack and let cookies cool completely.
- When cool, carefully peel cookies off parchment or foil.
- Store cookies in tightly covered container up to 2 weeks.