Recipe by Danielle in New Hampshire
These are easy to make, and freeze well. Cocunut adds texture and flavor to this cookie.
- 1 (18 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg white
- 16 red maraschino cherries or 16 green maraschino cherries, halved,drained on paper towel
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cookie dough in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium bowl, combine coconut, sugar,flour,almond extract and egg white, mix well.
- Cut cookie dough into 32 slices, place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Spoon 1 rounded tsp.
- of coconut mixture onto each slice, spreading slightly.
- Press 1 cherry half,cut side down,on each Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges are slightly brown.
- Cool on wire rack.