1/1 Photo of Macaroon Tea Bread
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 20 mins
pattikay in L.A.'s Note:
From the Loaves and Fishes Cookbook, posted for a British teatime treat for Zaar World Tour III. This is a moist, tender tea bread that is subtley sweet with a nice coconut flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1preheat the oven to 325.
- 2butter and flour a 9 cup bundt pan or use any tube pan you have (a couple of 8-inch loaf pans will work as well).
- 3Cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer till light in color, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, then turn the machine to low speed and add the almond extract and milk, blending well.
- 4In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cornstarch, coconut, baking powder, and baking soda.
- 5Add the butter-egg mixture all at once, mixing very well. Spoon into the bundt pan.
- 6Bake for about 1 hour 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 7Let cool for about 20 minutes. Loosen the edges with a small knife.
- 8Unmold the cake onto a plate. Let cool to room temperature dust with confectioners sugar, if you like, before serving.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroon Tea Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1852 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7743.3
- Calories from Fat 4356
- Total Fat 484.0 g
- Saturated Fat 352.7 g
- Cholesterol 1693.1 mg
- Sodium 3202.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 805.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 63.4 g
- Sugars 486.6 g
- Protein 92.4 g