Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
Just in time for Thanksgiving or Christmas. This recipe was in our local electric magazine. If you have a need to use of some sweet potatoes than this may be a good one to try.
- 6 cups cooked mashed sweet potatoes (3 1/2 lbs)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons butter, melted, divided
- 1⁄4 cup amaretto liqueur or 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 6 macaroons, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, 6 tbsp butter, brown sugar, amaretto or almond extract, salt and ginger; beat till smooth.
- Stir in pecans and marmalade.
- transfer to greased 11x7x2 pan.
- Toss macaroons with remaining butter; sprinkle on top.
- Bake, uncovered 325 for 30-35 minutes until heated through.