Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Cook time reflects cooling time.
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled macaroons
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3 cups whole milk
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- whipped cream, for serving
- Put 4- 5 macaroon cookies in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin until fine.
- Using low heat, heat chocolate and milk in a small saucepan.
- When chocolate is melted, beat with a small whisk until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and sugar together until well blended.
- Slowly add egg mixture to hot chocolate mixture, whisking constantly and quickly, until completely smooth.
- Return pan to stove and cook about 10 minutes- until thick, stirring constantly.
- Turn off heat and add macaroon crumbs to pan.
- Beat with whisk until smooth and shiny.
- Cool slightly.
- Pour pudding into a buttered one-quart baking dish.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Top with fresh whipped cream to serve.