Recipe by Dragonfly AZ
The corn syrup in this gives it a deliciously chewy texture. If you want to make it a chocolate macaroon pie, add 1/3 cup cocoa.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces flaked coconut
- 1 cup sliced almonds or 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs slightly.
- Beat in corn syrup, sugar, butter, extract, and salt.
- Stir in coconut and nuts.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until knife inserted halfway between the center and edge comes out clean.