Recipe by Steve P.
Easy to make with a shortbread crust and a butterscotch coconut filling these please kids and adults alike.
Top Review by BBMinx
I omitted the nuts and finished with chocolate drizzle and caramel sauce. Lined the pan with tinfoil for easy cleanup. I followed the baking advice and cooked the base for 8 minutes and the filling for 12. The middle wasn't set so I cooked until the edges were about to burn and had to take it out. Finished product was still raw in the middle so I cut off the cooked edges and had to throw the rest out :(
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons margarine or 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 3⁄4 cup butterscotch chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare Crust: Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease 8x8-inch or 9x9-inch metal baking pan.
- Line pan with foil; grease foil.
- With fingertips, mix flour, brown sugar, and margarine or butter in prepared pan until soft dough forms.
- Press dough firmly onto bottom of pan.
- Bake Crust 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, prepare Pecan-Butterscotch Filling: In large bowl, with wire whisk or fork, beat eggs with brown sugar, flour, vanilla, and salt just until blended.
- Stir in pecans, coconut, and butterscotch chips.
- Pour filling over warm Crust.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until lightly browned around the edges and filling is set.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 5 hours or overnight for easier cutting.
- When cold, transfer with foil to cutting board.
- Cut into 8 strips, then cut each strip crosswise into 8 squares.