1/2 Photos of Macaroon Madness Bars
Easy to make with a shortbread crust and a butterscotch coconut filling these please kids and adults alike.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons margarine or 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1Prepare Crust: Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Grease 8x8-inch or 9x9-inch metal baking pan.
- 3Line pan with foil; grease foil.
- 4With fingertips, mix flour, brown sugar, and margarine or butter in prepared pan until soft dough forms.
- 5Press dough firmly onto bottom of pan.
- 6Bake Crust 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned.
- 7Meanwhile, prepare Pecan-Butterscotch Filling: In large bowl, with wire whisk or fork, beat eggs with brown sugar, flour, vanilla, and salt just until blended.
- 8Stir in pecans, coconut, and butterscotch chips.
- 9Pour filling over warm Crust.
- 10Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until lightly browned around the edges and filling is set.
- 11Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- 12Cover and refrigerate at least 5 hours or overnight for easier cutting.
- 13When cold, transfer with foil to cutting board.
- 14Cut into 8 strips, then cut each strip crosswise into 8 squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroon Madness Bars
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.6
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 11.6 mg
- Sodium 56.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 1.3 g