1/1 Photo of Macaroon Kiss Cookies
1 hr 10 mins
This came out of a magazine and it really is one of the best recipes I found. Yummy! 8)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups sweetened flaked coconut, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) bag Hershey chocolate kisses
- 1In a large bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese and sugar.
- 2Blend well, then add egg yolk, almond extract and orange juice; beat mixture well.
- 3Stir together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- 4Gradually add to the butter mixture and beat until well blended.
- 5Stir in 3 cups of the coconut; cover mixture and chill for 1 hour, or until firm to handle.
- 6Unwrap the kisses while chilling and heat oven to 350°.
- 7Form dough into 1-inch balls; roll them in remaining coconut.
- 8Place them on a ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes until lightly browned.
- 9Remove from the oven and quickly press a kiss into each center.
- 10Let cool 1 minute, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroon Kiss Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.8
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 10.4 mg
- Sodium 71.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 1.2 g