Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
Keep these in the freezer for unexpected guests. I prefer to use the small muffin tins when making these but you can use a 12-cup muffin tin with equal success.
- 20 almond macaroons
- 1 cup milk
- 25 regular-size marshmallows
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- cherries (to garnish)
- Toast macaroons at 350° until they are crunchy and well dried out, about 20 minutes.
- While they're in the oven, dissolve marshmallows in the milk over a low heat, stirring often. Cool.
- Grate macaroons into fine crumbs.
- Add to dissolved marshmallow mixture.
- Whip cream and add almond flavoring.
- Stir crumb-marshmallow mixture into whipped cream.
- Place baking cups (I prefer the foil ones) on a cookie sheet and using a ladle, fill the cups and freeze either in foil or plastic bag.
- Remove from freezer about 20 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with cherries.