Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Rich chocolate base and creamy coconut filling....what more could you ask for?
Make and share this Macaroon Cookie Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Combine cake mix, butter or margarine and 1 egg on high speed of mixer until crumbly.
- Press into greased 13x9 pan.
- Set aside.
- Mix together, milk, vanilla and remaining egg well.
- Stir in 1 cup coconut and nuts.
- Pour over chocolate crust. Spread evenly.
- Top with 1/4 cup coconut.
- Bake 350° for 30-40 minutes.
- Middle of pan may still be loose but will settle on cooling.
Ooh, sooo delicious. Nice combination of thick brownie like crust, with a gooey, coconut rich center. Five star, all the way! Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe, Laurie.
Well, I have to admit that I screwed up the instructions and added both eggs to the batter (I used a third egg for the topping). However, if anyone else happens to do this, don't worry - the results are delicious. My accidental version tasted like a brownie version of German chocolate cake. We ate it warmed with ice cream. Thanks for the recipe...I'll add to this review after I make it the correct way.
This recipe was very easy and good, I did use semi sweet chocolate chips also, about 1/2 Cup - which I sprinkled over the top before baking. 1 suggestion though, it does not take 30-40 minutes (almost burns at 30 minutes) - instead, I'd say 20-25 minutes is all it should take. I would probably make this again, but - it is very rich & I am not big on rich deserts.