From a 1992 Jewish Calendar. This a good Passover dessert if you like macaroons. The dried fruits must soak overnight so plan ahead! Time doesn't include this overnight soaking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cover fruits in cold water and soak overnight.
- 2Drain the fruit and place in a saucepan together with the orange juice, water, cloves, and cinnamon.
- 3Simmer gently for 30 minutes, then add sugar and lemon juice and cook for 10 minutes longer.
- 4While fruit simmers, preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 5Drain the fruit, reserving the liquid, and place the fruit in a shallow ovenproof casserole or pie plate.
- 6Add enough liquid to just cover the fruit. Sprinkle macaroons over the top.
- 7Bake for 15-20 minutes and serve warm or cold.
Nutritional Facts for Macaroon Compote (Passover)
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.1
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 80.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 30.8 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: