Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adopted from the RecipeZaar account. I haven't made these yet.
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) jar prune baby food
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1⁄4 cup toasted chopped almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly coat an 8x8-inch baking pan with nonstick vegetable-oil spray.
- To make the macaroon topping: Mix the cream cheese, sugar, egg white, flour, and coconut extract until smooth.
- Stir in the flaked coconut. Set aside.
- To make the brownies: In a large bowl, combine the whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and baking powder.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy; add the baby-food prunes, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- Add the egg white mixture to the flour mixture and mix until blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and almonds.
- Spread the batter in the prepared baking pan.
- Spread the macaroon topping over the brownie batter.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool, in the pan, on a wire rack.
- Drizzle with the melted chocolate chips.
- (Decorative tip: Swirl a toothpick through the melted chips after drizzling them on the brownies.).