Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this in a Sunday paper and am posting here for next plum season. I am always looking for different plum recipes to use.
- Preheat oven to 180dg Celsius.
- Place plums cut side facing up, in a baking dish.
- Combine the coconut, sugar, eggwhite and vanilla in a bowl and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the plums and bake for 15 minutes or until the coconut is golden.
- Serve plums warm with vanilla ice-cream.
Excellent!! Tried this tonight on freshly picked Italian Plums from our backyard! Used 8 Italian Plums instead of the 4, with the same amount of ingredients in the recipe.......as a sidelight, this beautiful red liquid came out of the plums....yum. Vicki Seattle
Now this is definitely a different way to serve up plums, & one that's got great taste, too! Did serve them warm, but with some frozen vanilla yogurt! Great, too, with a dish of regular vanilla yogurt ~ I also like it with cottage cheese! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Make My Recipe cooking game]