Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
We love coconut, so when I saw this recipe I had to try it. It's a deliciously different apple cobbler. (It freezes well, too).
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the apples in an ungreased 9-in. pie plate.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples.
- Top with coconut and pecans; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine flour and baking powder; add to the creamed mixture until blended.
- Carefully spread over apples.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown and fruit is tender.
- Serve warm.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.