Recipe by James Craig
This recipe was published in the "Sunset Magazine". Preparation time is the time it takes to serve the salad cold. Cooking time is the time it takes to prepare and cook the casserole.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni or 8 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream (or unflavored yoghurt)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 (10 ounce) package whole kernel corn (thawed & drained)
- 1 large green bell pepper (seeded & chopped)
- 2 cups diced sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni or rigatoni per package instructions; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine salad oil, mayonnaise, sour cream, Dijon mustard, white wine vinegar.
- Add noodles and stir to mix.
- Stir in frozen peas, corn, green pepper and Cheddar cheese.
- To serve cold, garnish with chopped parsley and slices of hard cooked egg.
- Chill if made ahead; serve at room temperature.
- To serve hot, spoon into an ungreased 3 quart casserole, cover, and bake in a 350°F oven for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and top with 1/2 cup more shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes longer or until center is hot.