Found on Sailu's Kitchen blog...where she states she is keeping Indian dishes alive in the US. A very kid friendly dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups macaroni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 bunch spinach, blanched, drained and chopped fine
- 3 -4 tablespoons cheese, grated (your choice of cheese flavor)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1Bring large pan of water and 1 tbs olive oil to boil and cook macaroni while still rapidly boiling and cook until al-dente, drain completely.
- 2Place macaroni in a large serving bowl and sprinkle with another tbsp of olive oil and keep aside.
- 3Heat butter in a saucepan, add garlic and saute for a minute.
- 4Add flour and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- 5Slowly add the milk and go on combining till it forms a creamy consistency.
- 6Add spinach, 2 tbs grated cheese, salt and pepper to taste and mix. Turn off heat.
- 7Pour cream mixture over macaroni and mix together well. Garnish with 1-2 tbs of grated cheese before serving.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni With Spinach Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 480.9
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 24.5 mg
- Sodium 233.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 16.5 g