Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Modifed Rachael Rae recipe
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 lb hot Italian sausage
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 (32 ounce) can tomatoes, pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 lb ziti pasta, cooked al dente
- Process or finely chop tomatoes.
- Brown sausage over medium heat.
- Add garlic and onion and cook about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add tomatoes and beans and simmer about 3 minutes
- Add basil and stir.
- Combine sausage mix with pasta and serve.